2-Day Employee Ownership Learning Journey to Renfrewshire and Lanarkshire, 28-29 February 2024
Co-operative Development Scotland (CDS) is hosting a free learning journey to employee-owned companies in Renfrewshire and Lanarkshire to showcase examples of effective employee ownership in successful, growing businesses. These companies will share their learning and experience giving helpful pointers of what has worked and what hasn’t in their employee ownership journey.
During this 2-day trip you will meet the UK’s largest guitar retailer Guitar Guitar, recruitment agency Allstaff, world leading innovative coating solutions specialist Chemco International, global supplier of precision manufactured product Martin Precision, and animal feed manufacturer Galloway and MacLeod. On the evening of 28 February, CDS will host a dinner with guest speaker Dave Routledge, a senior executive who has been involved with employee-owned businesses since 1999 including eaga Partnership Gripple and WCF.
Attend this learning journey to:
- increase your knowledge and awareness of what successful employee ownership looks like in practice
- share knowledge and ideas to benefit you and your business, or clients you may be advising
- build relationships with others in the employee ownership sector
Tuesday 28 February 2024
Wednesday 29 February 2024
Meet and introductions at Hotel in Lanarkshire
Employee Ownership Culture Workshop at Hotel in Lanarkshire
Travel* to Linwood to visit Guitar Guitar and stay for lunch
Travel to Lanark to visit Martin Precision
Presentation from AllStaff
Travel to new employee-owned company to be announced and stay for lunch
Travel to Coatbridge to visit Chemco International
Travel to Stonehouse to visit Galloway & MacLeod
Travel to Hotel in Lanarkshire for Day 1 reflections and discussion
Travel to Hotel in Lanarkshire for presentations from Martin Precision and Galloway and MacLeod.
Private Dinner in Hotel in Lanarkshire with guest speaker Dave Routledge
Day 2 reflections and evaluation
Overnight stay at Hotel in Lanarkshire
*We will provide coach travel from a hotel in Lanarkshire for participants, or you can arrange your own travel at your own cost.
This trip is open to:
- Scottish business owners considering employee ownership
- Leaders and employee owners within Scottish employee-owned businesses
- Advisers including lawyers, accountants, bankers, business advisers etc. with an interest in employee ownership
- There will be a maximum of 30 participants.
Visit our Eventbrite page to book a place
Once you have booked your place on the learning journey, you will receive a confirmation email asking if you require coach travel, hotel accommodation etc.